From:
mike stanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:56:41 -0700
your not using the operating system! take the tour, everything your
adjusting for microsoft thought of and made provisions for, like keeping
track of configurations and all the stuff related to programs.The harddrive
changes do not apply until you go over 500 gbts. Also listen tro Ron's
set-up proceedure. Your making it hard on yourself. My guess is your old dos
programmer style? Windows has thought of everything and will ask you along
the way what it is your trying to do. They made it so anyone who reads and
writes can do everything on pc without awhole lot of thought.You need to let
them show you there way- listen and learn and let go of the horns! Just my
expierience and suggestion.   stanz13

On 4/18/09, Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I know that both Seagate and Western Digital retail drives come with a CD
> for installing the new drive.  If you purchase an OEM drive then you
> probably didn't get one.  I'm pretty sure you can go through each maker's
> web site and download their software.  My last experience was using
> Seagate's installation utility, but WD's works very similarly.  You keep
> the
> original drive, install the new drive as a slave, boot to Windows, install
> the software and run it, select that you will be replacing the original
> drive and that you want to copy the original C partition.  This is a much
> faster way than trying to backup and restore to the new drive.  When you
> are
> done copying, power down the system, remove the original 120 Gb drive and
> jumper the 320 as the master.
>
> You can make as many partitions as you want of the unused space.
>
> Ron Jobe
>

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:10 PM, g.Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know - if I replace the primary (system) hard drive (seagate
> > 120GB) on my PC with a larger drive (WD 320GB) with 3 partitions instead
> of
> > 2, will I still be able to restore my Acronis images that were made on
> the
> > prior drive (different brand - seagate to wd)?  Has anyone done this?
> >
> > I don't have time to get everything - entire reinstallation - done at
> once
> > and I wanted to shift back and forth between my current system setup and
> the
> >  new one that I'm working on setting up, using Acronis image files (I
> have
> > image FILES, not cloned partitions).  I'm wondering if I start the new
> > install on the new drive, whether I will have trouble with my PC (windows
> > xp) recognizing drivers or partitions for the hard drive.  I CAN elect to
> > restore the MBR, if that helps.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > AnnaSummers
> >
> >              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
> >                     support at our newest website:
> >                          http://freepctech.com
> >

>               The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
>              with the PCBUILD logo...  at a great price!!!
>             http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml