C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:08:09 -0400
But I imagine it would speed up the lines if people registered in
advance, wouldn't it?  Or are you Wyoming people an uncommonly patient lot?

I live in a city with a population of over 300,000 people, and there are
five polling places within a square mile of my flat.  The one I vote at
is not the closest one but it's the one I'm assigned to.  I'll never
forget the time I went to vote after moving and they sent me to the
right polling place which was 6 miles away - entirely my fault for
forgetting to register my new address with the Board of Elections. No
one is allowed to vote who have not registered by the deadline before an
election.

Fortunately for a normally Type B person who turns into Type A when
forced to wait in long lines, I am allowed to vote from my car because
of my disability.  One of the few "perks" I'm glad for!

Kat