C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:46:09 -0600
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Subject: FW: Top 10 Reasons NOT to Register
To: [log in to unmask]

From: AAPD [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 2:21 PM
To: Kendall David Corbett
Subject: Top 10 Reasons NOT to Register

DVP Alert

Top 10 Reasons NOT to Register to Vote

10) It validates my martyr complex.

9) I can live like a king on $500 a month!

8) I think the ADA goes too far.

7) I have always wanted to live in a nursing home.

6) I enjoy being part of the last disenfranchised minority.

5) Jerry might leave me out of next year's telethon.

4) I am not allowed to use sharp, pointed objects like pens and pencils.

3) I might lose my parking spot.

2) It is not part of my rehab program.

1) I would have to make a decision without the help of the Social
Security Administration.

Created by: Tom Ryan- California Disability Leader

About the Disability Vote Project
DVP works in a non-partisan manner to eliminate the barriers to voting
and, in close collaboration with coalition partners in states around
the country, to increase political participation for individuals with
disabilities. DVP aims to get people with disabilities registered to
vote; strives to educate them on how to get to their polling places
and what their rights are at the polling places; and works to make
polling places accessible to voters with all disabilities.

About AAPD
The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is the
largest national nonprofit cross-disability member organization in the
United States. It organizes the disability community to be a powerful
force for change - politically, socially, and economically - and
recognizes the value of working in broad coalitions to foster unity,
leadership and impact.  AAPD is dedicated to achieving total equality
for and full participation of people with disability in all aspects of
society, recognizing that this is the social justice issue of our
time.

AAPD

James Dickson

Vice President,  Government Affairs

Forward email

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask]

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |
Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

AAPD | 1629 K Street NW | Suite 503 | Washington | DC | 20006

--

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950