From:
Walt Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:14:59 -0400
Hi Guys,
I never liked thermoform.  When I was first learning Braille, after three
weeks, I told my instructor that I didn't like the grade 2 guide.  He said,
fine rewrite it!  I looked at him like he was an idiot.  So, anyway, I
started it.  The grade 2 guide that they had was in alphabetical order.  It
is good but not for a beginner.  I wrote a guide in dot order starting with
dot one etc.  I guess they liked it.  I had to write it on master paper and
then it was thermoformed.

Several months later, I was taking an electronic course and the teacher
asked if anyone could put Braille on some copper sheets.  They were to be
labels for electronic symbols.  The problem was that I had to use a slate
and stylist but the copper sheets were too  large to put the slate on it the
normal way.  I had to lay the top of the slate on the sheet and very
carefully press the stylist but not too hard.  It took me some time and I
was drenched in sweat.  Then it was thermoformed.

I was never trained to use a slate and stylist but I did my best.

Walt
WA4QXT
New London CT