VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:47:28 -0500
Hello Rachel and others that might can help me out with this one.

Well there are two kinds of people on the Internet. When it comes to email
the one kind are those folks who like to correspond with plain text.   This
is text with hardly any formatting. The other kind of people is like me use
rich text or HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) this is the software language
you find on websites.  This allows the email or website to hold a hyper
link, photo, fancy fonts, sound files or video files.

What I think is happening when you get the gibberish in your email is that
something along the email line has broken down so to speak and the
underlying fabric of the email is showing up. This like a person's underwear
it is not supposed to show.

If anyone cares to get into the intricate details of plain, rich or HTML
text then follow this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP012329961033.aspx

I think I met my limit for the list tonight so I guess I will quit.