From:
Patricia Minnigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia Minnigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:12:49 -0500

Bread Machine Summary with Bread Making Tips

I didn’t receive as many replies as I thought I would, but the overwhelming
recommendation was the Zojirushi.  Here are the responses as they were
received:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WE use the Breadman Ultimate Plus. We measure out all dry ingredients with
Domata Flour and blend together in our kitchen aid mixer, next we mix all the
wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and then we add it to the dry mix
and blend until it gathers on the paddle about a minute, then I take it out of
the bowl and off paddle and put it in the bread machine to bake on the GF
cycle. About half way through the mixing kneading process take your spatula
and push down the dough that may make its way up the side. After it has
finished kneading we take a wet spatula and even out the top.After it has
finished baking we then put the bread on a glass pie plate and bake it off at
400 degrees for 10 minutes and this cooks off the top. You must let the bread
rest for one hour before cutting as this is the time the bread finishes cooking.
Makes a beautiful loaf of GF Bread.
Iris G. Lutkewich
CEO
Domata Living Flour, Inc.
We really like our Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker that has a gluten
free setting. Please also post summary here.
Thanks.
Sue
I use Zojirushi and love it--I use bread by Anna mix and it is very good--
tastes like real bread especially right when it comes out of the machine--
great.  If you buy that brand, email me back and I will tell you which settings I
use for success.  Good luck
Nancy
I don't use a bread machine, mainly because it is a machine that does only
one thing.  I use a Kitchenaid mixer for my bread and I just love it.  Not only
that, it makes OTHER things, which a bread machine can't.   So for the cost, I
never regretted by the mixer.   Just one less thing on my counter, too.
Bev
Zo.
The best, hand's down is the Zojirushi.  Loaf after loaf made in this machine
always comes out perfect.  The setting to make GF is easy and the two
paddles mix it well.  Betty
I have been a BIG baker for almost 50 years and have 2 bread machines(have
already worn out 2 prior to these) and have given up and gone to my Kitchen
Aid mixer for GF bread making. Even the GF machine cycle does not do  well.
Honey in VA
We  have a Cuisinart  (convection bread maker)  we found it on Craigs list for
$50.  And it does have a GF setting  and has worked great for over a year.
Dwight
I bake bread weekly for my daughter.  Have done it for 10 years. First I made
it by hand without the bread machine, then when I got tired of that, I tried
the machines.  I have had a Breadman and then a Zojirushi breadmaker.
Hands down, the Zojirushi wins my vote.  It makes a large horizontal,
beautifully browned loaf.  I use the Breads from Anna bread mix.  The gluten
free setting does not work for me however.  I had to set a custom setting,
but once you program the setting the first time, you just push that button
each time and it's done.
This is a very expensive breadmaker in know, but it was WELL worth the
investment.  I found the best price on amazon.com.
Beth
I had a Bread machine which I could program for GF bread but I found that I
greatly prefer to make "hamburger" type buns in the oven, slice them into tops
and bottoms and freeze. When I take them out of the freezer and microwave
them they come out fresh tasting and they do not break into pieces. A
Kitchenaid mixer mixes better than a bread machine does and is certainly much
faster.
Yesterday I went away and the bun sat in a cold car for six hours. It had lost
its ability to stick together but if the sun is shining and the bread sits where
the sun shines on it in the car it tastes fresh.
I prepare three batches of dry ingredients to make 15-18 buns at a time and
when I need more I just get my prepared mix out of the pantry and add the
wet ingredients.
Making 18 hamburger buns I have what amounts to 36 slices of bread.
I began with tuna fish and Bonita cans to make them in but found something a
larger size by Wilton.
Great initiative! Thank you. I have an older version of Oster -without a GF
cycle - it works okay for many bread mixes I purchased and developed myself.
I purchased BreadmanPro, with a GF cycle, and was very disappointed. The
breads did not turn out at all.  I have read that some bread machines suggest
using the rapid cycle for GF bread.  In my own experience both making bread
by hand and using the machine that does not seem to work.  Yet, I am happy
to learn from others.
Regards - Marion

I decided to buy the new Salton with the GF cycle.  The reviews online were
very good and the price was reasonable.  I will let you know if it was a good
choice after I have made several batches of bread in it!  Thank you all for
your responses!  I hope this summary will be helpful to those breadmakers
and ‘wannbe’ breadmakers out there.

Pat Minnigh
www.celiacsonline.com