From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:22:01 -0600
its got a vg1 or something in the 480 not a vs3.

you must not have heard a 570 with a decent microphone on it.  They sound
very good with an MC60, or MC80, or even a studio microphone.
They do sound a bit thin with the stock mike, but even that one is ok.
if the operator has his tx audio set to narrow or on the dx setting then
yes, they sound absolutely terrible...but pretty much any radio sounds
terrible that way.
73
Colin, V A6BKX