From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:23:16 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have a group member that is looking for a tried and true recipe for a gluten free elephant ear for her grandson.

These are sold at fairs and festivals around the Midwest and are flat dough that is sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.  (This is NOT a funnel cake that is sprinkled with powdered sugar.)

Many years ago, I worked in a bakery and we sold them.  I was thinking that they were rolled out with cinnamon and sugar in the mix and then either fried or baked on parchment paper.  I can't remember as it has been so long ago.  I only remember rolling them in the cinnamon/sugar mix after they were cooked.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you so much in advance for your suggestions.

Barbara in Southwest Missouri

Disclaimer ---  I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact your medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.  Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.