Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:43:08 -0700
At one point decades ago, science told everyone that bottle feeding with
formula was best for the human  infant, because formula had all these
vitamins and minerals added to it. After all, it was created by scientists
and therefore was better than what nature created.  However, we have since
learned that breast milk is best (like humans have known, and been doing for
how many hundreds of thousands of years and not only survived but advanced
and thrived)...  Since infant formula has been used, the increase of
allergies, asthma and other illness and digestive complications have been
documented.  Bodies have evolved to break down foods and absorb the
necessary nutrients from appropriate food sources. As long as the varied
foods are available and consumed, supplements might not be needed.  In
locations and situations where optimal foods are not available, then
supplements can be of benefit.

We are learning to trust our bodies.  We are eating only what we are hungry
for.  For example, one week we all craved rare steaks.  So that's what we
ate every dinner for about 5 days.  After that, I really craved radishes and
fish.   So for two days I ate probably 15 bunches of radishes (along with
protein and other things).  This week it has been nectarines.  I can't seem
to eat enough of them. I eat protein first, then the nectarines.   I feel
good when I listen to my body and eat what it is asking for.  I have found
that eating red/yellow/orange bell peppers has eliminated my craving for
sweets and bad carbs like bread and potatoes.

Trish