From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:38:02 -0600
From: <[log in to unmask]>

> Vitamin D is a real *biggie*.

It sure is, especially if you want to prevent cancer.  I think it is
important for everyone to have the simple & inexpensive blood draw because
we may not be getting as much as we need.  Also, as we get older the body
absorbs less D.  Knowing that the blood test guidelines are a bit low, I try
to have my D levels a bit higher.

....., I do  choose to take a high quality CoEnzyme Q10 supplement and will
> continue to do so  for the remainder of my life.

I take it too but have just found out recently that it stays in yr. system
for 2-3 months if you have been taking it regularly.  So, many people I know
are now taking it for 2-3 months then going off it for the same period; it's
expensive & the break is helpful for the budget.  I take it w/ a fat.  Many
people take CoQ10 w/ a meal but I take it before b'fast w/ a green tea &
pure coconut oil. There are now two different forms of CoQ10 on the market.
Ubiquinone is
> the older and more common form sold. Ubiquinol is the new form developed
> by the Japanese. According to the studies done last year it takes eight
> times as much of the older Ubiquinone to be the equivalent absorption of
> the newer Ubiquinol.

Additionally, I continue to take cod liver oil  daily, (I use the lemon
flavored liquid by Carlson)

So do I, Maddy.  It has been extremely helpful for the arthritis in my
hands.  I also take Barleans Flax Seed Oil & freshly ground flax seeds w/ a
sulphur bearing food such as egg yolk, brussel sprouts, etc.

But I agree w/ the concensus of the list that if we can avoid supplements &
get our vitamins from org. foods we are way ahead.  I try to buy all locally
produced, in season, org. food.  I know what day the local org. food store
gets the food from the farmers & I do my weekly shopping the following a.m.
Fresh is best.  Of course, growing as much food/herbs as you can is great.

Kath