From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:01:16 -0400

Thanks to those who sent me places to eat out gluten free in Savannah and
Tybee Island. They were: The Crab Shack, Elizabeth on  37th, The Chart
House, The River Grill, Saphire Grill, The Olde Pink House, and 17 Hundred 90.

In the end, we only had two meals out while there for a weekend family
reunion. Lunch at Gallery Espresso included a Thai Chicken Salad, sans the
won ton sticks and blueberry cheesecake and mixed berry pound cake with
lemon glaze. I don't really care for cheesecake but the gf cookie crust was to
die for here! The poundcake is made from scratch each day, usually with
berries added for extra moistness. www.galleryespresso.com

Dinner out Saturday night was unbelievable at Hunter House on Tybee Island.
By pure chance I ended up finding out they had a Chef that knew what gluten
was and how to modify many of his dishes to be gluten free. We had fried
green tomatoes (cornmeal batter done in pan) with a delicious chutney
topping, and I ordered a special of the day for my entree. Halibut with smoked
apple wood bacon horseradish cream sauce, over Boursin cheese mashed
potatoes, surrounded by curried lima bean and tomato succotash. Milk
chocolate creme brulee finished our meal nicely. www.hunterhouseinn.com

I have no affiliation with either establishment, but like to promote non chain
places that do gluten free beautifully.

TJ
www.gladtobeglutenfree.blogspot.com