From:
Julianne Karow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:29:24 -0500

I wanted to extend a personal thank you to all those that responded to my question of what we should bring into a Packer game.  I truly appreciate the help.  Some of you wanted me to summarize my findings...

I know nothing about the Packers and thier policy. But my daughter has been celiac for 10 years. I have found that most places are very happy to set the no outside food policy aside if you tell them you have a medical condition. So, if you have not already, you may want to ask.

We have only been to Green Bay a couple of times.  There is a Wendy's done the strip from Lambeau field, we have eaten at the Prime Quarter but I am not sure if they are open for lunch. My son had the popcorn which I know isn't very exciting but he was ok with eating that.  Sorry not sure what else might be gluten free.  You might want to try Curly's Pub, it is a restaurant inside Lambeau field.  It is usually very busy I am sure you will need reservations or get there early but they may have something on their menu that is gluten free.

Julie, we cruise a lot and it said not to bring any alcohol on board cruise ships
when departing so we pack those little mini bottles inside shoes etc so what I'm saying is that it's going to be cold and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to put a sandwich and other goodies in my jacket pockets.

Get a note from your husband's doctor or other health
 care provider on their letterhead, stating that he must be on a very strict diet and musteat only his own food.  It works

I have brought food into Lambeau without any problems. The only time I was questioned I told the police officer I had food allergies and couldn't eat anything that was sold.  I have eaten the Johnsonville Brats without a bun and asked for it to be handled by someone with clean gloves. I've never had a problem. Of course, he can have Cracker Jacks, peanuts and the sodas.

I like to help if you if you are un able to find exactly what you are looking for. I am a celiac and just trying to help and no I am not selling anything. Just trying to help others and spread the word we can eat anywhere. Read my article on traveling and how to eat at dinning places. Maybe I might give you a idea you haven't thought of. I am willing to help you in any way.  My dream is for us to be able to eat what ever we want when we go out to eat. Not to eat only couple of things the places suggest. I hope I can help and good luck NOTE:. What I have done when It comes to going on Airports, (read my Article) and stadiums like you said. I bring the food that is cheap and if you get the bastard that don't understand you have a very strict diet and you cant eat in the stadium. You can just throw it out. Me I come prepared to show them I am very serious about my diet. Try to pick a security guard
 that looks friendly to. Not the one who is tearing every thing apart.  I bring Chef Daniel "P" form to show them I am very serious and not making this up. Also I would go early and ask for his supervisor to bring in the food. If he says no you can't Again Knowing I might still throw it away but again that shows them I got to eat and If i eat there food I will get sick and it is the stadiums fault for not helping me with my diet. Make sure you say that over and over. They hate to be responsible. I take it very seriously going to places and being able to eat. I don't like to be discriminated because of my diet. I hope I don't come off like a ding dong. Good luck again any questions just ask. Chef Daniel "P" http://chefdanielp.com

My best suggestion for you before the game is to tailgate – it’s part of the whole experience! I know that once you’re inside, they do have Old Wisconsin beef sticks at various vendors and they do send vendors out selling those (like peanuts at a baseball game). I also managed to take in a Snickers bar last time I went. Everyone is so bundled up this time of year he could pretty easily take in a sandwich or something in a pocket. They don’t check you that well on the way in.

I live in De Pere which is just south of Green Bay and used to live right by the Stadium. Here are a few places you may want to try. They are on my list of places that can be Celiac=2
0friendly: Brett Favre Steak House, Curly's, Hinterland Brewery, Hu-Hot, Red Robin (has a GF menu), Fratellos, Grazies (has rice noodles that they will boil in seperate water). Most places you will have to give special instructions. I know Fratellos makes all their food from scratch so you can just ask the Chef what is in their salad dressings or what he recommends (my son works there). You may want to call ahead also just to let them know you are coming and have special dietary needs. I am waiting to get the number for the food vendor at the stadium so you can call and ask what they would recommend. Check if their brats are beer brats or regular. I will e-mail the number when I get it! Have fun and Go Pack!

I live in GreenBay so know of a number of placs close to the stadium which is GF. Go South on Oneida and about 1 mile past the stadium you will pass by the Bay Park Square Mall and go under the hwy. On the left hand side is a small plaza with  Red Robin Restaurant. This is a fun place to eat with burgers which have lettuce as the bun...I also believe they might have a GF menu.  Also, my favorite place is Graczis which is about .5 miles past red Robin. All of their toppings on their pasts can be served without pasta. If they are not too busy they will make rice pasta for you. You have to talk to the manager though because they need to use a small burner for this ie one they make omlets on. They have a large
 boiling system in which all pasta is cooked, thus the need for this small burner.  It you are looking for a good treat, Bread Smith is the place to go. Sue has Gluten Free Bread which is fabulous. I love the raisin bread. Bread Smith is located across the street from Red Robin and just a little south.