From:
Jerry Neufeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:47:15 -0500
Actually, at present, the only means of getting read-out from the K3 is by means of an external box that does read out many things, including much of the display, but only in CW. I use this CW read-out with my K2. While I like it very much, I do think Elcraft could easily have managed to incorporate at least the CW feature in their K3 rather than obliging us to purchase and carry around the external gear, especially since they claim to have lots of room in ROM for extra features. Having spoken lengthily with them about this, they seem disinclined to worry about a market that, according to them, is very small.

Jerry  VE3QSO