VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:42:04 -0700
Hi to all.

After the implosion of Windowbridge in 2001 (after its author's passing), I
played with both JFW 4.5 and the version of Window-Eyes out at the time.  I
found that Window-Eyes was better at handling internal computer chores
(System Restore, etc.) than JAWS was, but not by much.  On the other hand,
JFW's IE5 Internet accessibility was better than Window-Eyes' by a mile--JFW
was much closer to Windowbridge, whereas I could never get Window-Eyes to
readthe information that wasn't a link.  I presume (I certainly know for
JFW) that both systems are much better now.

To all, take care.

Ted Chittenden