From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:20:58 -0800
Hello,

The four pin male connector is for the power connector from your power
supply. The 22 pin connector is for the data cable that attaches the
drive to the motherboard. You could try installing it in another
computer as a slave drive and read the things off of it you need.

You would have to set the jumpers on the drive to slave to install it as
a second drive in a system.

Later, Ray Parrish

Steve Howe wrote:
> I had an HP laptop computer whose mother board died and I have removed the hard drive and am trying to figure out how to read it.  I have a couple of things I would like to recover.  It is a Hitachi, Model #HTS428060F9AT00.  The attaching end has 22 female pin openings and a 4 pin male device on the side.  Do I have a chance in Hell?

---

http://rayparrish.spaces.live.com/ Ray's Space, poetry, shareware, freeware
http://www.freewebs.com/rayparrish/ My poetry in web pages
http://rayparrish.blogspot.com/ Chris Ray with poetry for today