From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:06:10 -1000
I did not look up the Hitachi laptop drive model you gave but most
likely it's what is referred to as a 2.5" drive. The simple way to get
data off of it is to use an 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. Here is a link to ebay
to show you a picture of one. There are many designs of the adapter. The
link:
http://item.express.ebay.com/USA-New-Laptop-IDE-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-Adaptor-44-40pin_W0QQitemZ160104726390QQihZ006QQtrZexpQQcmdZExpressItem
Also, if you put the drive into a USB or Firewire external case you can
use it as an extra drive but the case cost is more.

Steve Howe wrote:

>I had an HP laptop computer whose mother board died and I have removed the hard drive and am trying to figure out how to read it.  I have a couple of things I would like to recover.  It is a Hitachi, Model #HTS428060F9AT00.  The attaching end has 22 female pin openings and a 4 pin male device on the side.  Do I have a chance in Hell?
>
>               The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
>              with the PCBUILD logo...  at a great price!!!
>             http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml