BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts.
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:28:34 -0500
The following is a correspondence frm the Hurdy-Gurdy list. It has to do
with the purchase of a hurdy-gurdy off eBay that looked about as intact
as the P-38 buried on the beach. Folks on the list were very curious why
the purchaser was going to a great expense to obtain what looked like
total trash.

HI GUY    LOL...I RECEIVED THE POUGET  ... WELL .. THE  LADY FEEL   BAD
.. I DONT KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO SAVE HER LIFE  , LOL...
CLONING  YES FOR  SURE  AND  KEEP HIS HEAD AND KEYBOX ,,WHEEL YES
BUT   SAVE  HER LIVE ,,???? I  AM ANYWAY VERY HAPPY OF MY BUY  ,   REALY
.  BYE

WELL AFTER  A LONG TIME  ME TOO TO LOOK ONE SIDE AND OTHER  ..I THINK  I
CAN SAVE THE GIRL    OF COURSE I TAKE SOME PICTURES  AND I WILL MADE ALL
THE PLANS  ,INSIDE IT WAS WRITED   MADE BY POUGET  ARDENTE   1852    ON
ANOTHER   PAPER IT WAS WRITED  ..  REBUILD  IN 1954 BY
 GEORGE BONNET 53 YEARS OLD
 GERMAINE  BONNET 52 YEARS OLD
 ODETTE BONNET 23 YEARS OLD ..

 AND AT ANOTHER PLACE    ANOTHER TAG  VERY OLD THIS ONE     POUGET
CHATEAUROUE 1859!!!!

 GEORGE  NOW HAVE 106 YEARS OLD   GERMAINE 105 YEARS OLD ..BUT
ODETTE    HAVE 76  .THE YOUNGER  LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
.IF  STILL ALIVE..

  YOU CAN SEE ALL THIS FAMILY  ..THEY PLAY AT ST CHARTIER EACH SUMMER  ,,!

~~
][<

PS. My interest in the hurdy-gurdy began with an obscure Vivaldi album
that I had many many years ago but have never been able to relocate.
Currently I am collecting up parts to build the $20 Home Depot version
(though I have to admit I bought the maple at Lowes) as per the online
plans of Dennis Havlena who in the $10 CD has a short video where he
plays various of the home made instruments that he fashions and wears a
t-shirt that says, "Anyone but Bush, 2004."
http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~dhavlena/
<http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/%7Edhavlena/> I am not sure the make of the
airplane that you can see in the background. Though there is online
controversy regarding the sound quality of the $20 hurdy-gurdy I
particularly like the idea of a scratch built instrument. It seems that
a real hurdy-gurdy, all of them custom built, costs upwards of a grand
and that once you get one the next step is to fret endlessly over
strings and tuning of the sympathetic drones. In the mean time I am
building up my collection of recordings. Kathy, having put up with my
past musical endeavors is willing to issue a public WARNING.