From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 07:00:50 -0400

I got about 4 or 5 replies and replied to all.  The overall thought was that I
should stay on a g/f diet.  My diagnosis of DH in 1992 means a gluten free
diet forever.  I should not take a chance on drinking Budweiser beer.  I should
not do a gluten challenge.

One person gave me harsh criticism and said things like I have evidently been
treated by quacks my entire life.  A 32 year old man cannot possibly have T-1
diabetes. I was amused by this reply and advice form a person who doesn't
have diabetes and apparently does have any knowledge of it.  This *copied*
message explains about T-1 diabetes.
*WHAT IS TYPE 1 DIABETES?

Type 1 Diabetes (T1) – also known Juvenile Onset Diabetes

As the name implies this type of diabetes is most often diagnosed in childhood
or early adulthood (although it CAN be diagnosed at any age)*

T-2 diabetes can be diagnosed at any age as well.  Young people are getting
it because it because of the fast food rage and a lack of exercise.  I was
diagnosed by the doctors at Andrews AFB.  With T-1 diabetes you make no
insulin. T-2's produce some insulin and many could control it by diet and
exercise.  A C-peptide test is the true diagnosis and I had to do another one
to satisfy my insurance co. to get a pump.

No one in my family has diabetes or CD and I told the story about a bad case
of infectious hepatitis on my return from the Vietnam conflict because I think
this is responsible for my autoimmune diseases although someone in my family
must have had CD or DH.
I appreciate all the good advice and will stick to wine from now on and stay
g/f.
Charlie
" A true SC Gamecock fan."