From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:29:50 -0500

We just got back from a 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, FL.  It was the
best ever.  We cruise a lot and I usually assume that g/f bread is only
available at dinner in the dining room so I asked a waiter in the diner on
the 10th deck, where most people eat breakfast and lunch, about g/f bread.
He said I will go to the main dining room where the bread is kept frozen and
toast it in a toaster that is only used for that and deliver it to your
table.  He brought four slices so I saved two for lunch every day and went
to the sandwich bar and had them make me a sandwich and heat it in this open
oven they had till the cheese started to melt. For breakfast I often had an
omelet made while they brought my bread. Some days I made a hamburger
sandwich. In places like St Thomas or St Maarten there is plenty of time to
shop and make it back to the ship and eat.  We are going on a Disney cruise
during the 4th of July week and taking the grand kids, both daughters and
one S-I-L.
I just got a pump in July; so not to have to carry insulin with me was
great.  I took 5 shots a day. For dinner I got sugar free ice cream over
berries and for exercise one can take the stairs every where and get a lot
of exercise that way.
Celebrity has a new ship coming out in 2009 and the maiden voyage on the
Solstice is a 7 day cruise Jan 4th so we got a good credit for booking while
on board and many rooms or sky suites are already booked. We both took some
computer classes
on board and that was free. So if you have thought about cruising try it!
Charlie in SC