From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:55:17 -0400
Hi.

It depends upon how long it has sat unused, and in what kind of
environment.  Switches and pots oxidize when left unused for a long time,
especially if it is in a moist environment such as a basement shack,
etc.  Smoke free is a big plus, but I'd almost consider a radio that has
been used steadily to be better news than one that has sat unused for a
long period of time.

It's just like buying a car.  You don't want to buy one of those if it has
sat around for a couple of years either.  It just isn't good for them to be
left unused.

73, de Lou K2LKK