GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:46:33 EST

The Secret To A Happy Marriage...
A man  and woman had been married for more than 65 years. They had shared
everything.  They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each
other  except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her
closet that  she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
For all  of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the
little old  woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.
In  trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe
box and  took it to his wife's bedside.
She  agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he
opened  it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling
$95,000.
He asked  her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my
grandmother  told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She
told me  that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and
crochet  a doll."
The  little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two
precious dolls  were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all
those years  of living and loving. He almost burst with
happiness.
"Honey,"  he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money?
Where did it  come from?"
"Oh,"  she said, "that's the money I made from selling the  dolls."

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい