C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:43:55 -0500
No.  For year, piano manufactures have used a plastic material that
mimics the look and feel of ivory.  I've always heard it called
"ivorine", but I think there might be other products and names out
there.  You can get it in all sorts of shades to match your key tops as
ivory tends to yellow with age.  Ebony is still used for the sharps.
Ebony is part of the persimmon family and isn't "endangered" as far as I
know.

Kyle