From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 03:41:39 -0700
You are trying to boot a machine using a different hardware configuration
from the original one that hard drive serviced, and that is your problem in
a nutshell. Different BIOS, different mainboard chipset, excetera, ad
nauseum. The only way I know to fix this one besides wiping the drive and
putting a fresh install of the OS on it (which is the best fix) is to first
use Recovery Console to run FIXMBR and FIXBOOT to set the proper boot
headers for the new machine. After that, you boot Windows in Safe Mode and
completely clean out the Device Manager and reload the proper device drivers
for everything. Easier just to backup the data on the drive, wipe it, and
start fresh. Hope this helps you some. :)