From:
Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:08:50 +1030
Hello All,

I am upgrading my daughter's computer. She had an IBM Netvista P3, 256
meg ram (max I can put in the mobo), 20 gig hard-drive. I acquired a
working Compaq Deskpro EN Small Form Factor P800 10e/6/128c from an
auction and added some RAM (to 512mb the max) and the computer booted ok.

I replaced the existing 10gig HDD with the 20 gig from the Netvista,
expecting it to boot, and received the NTLDR is missing, press any key
to reboot warning. I checked on line and placed another 10gig HDD from a
second working Compaq Deskpro EN Small Form Factor P800 10e/6/128c,
which booted to the OS with out any problems, so I imagine the MOBO,
ram, cables and ribbons etc are ok.

I found this site http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm and
downloaded the boot floppy. I can access the disk, the OS and all
programs, but when I reboot, the message again. The site mentions
ensuring the drive containing the OS is marked ACTIVE. I followed the
directions, and the option is greyed out.

Any suggestions on how to "activate this disk" so it will enable direct
boot with out the floppy will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading

Anne Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml