VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:59:04 +0100
Greetings,

I seem for no reason I can account, to have developed a problem with my
I.E.7.

Firstly, I found I could not play any IPlayer link, contact with the BBC
Tech.support advised maybe popup blocker was on, it was, I turned it off and
the links now work ok.

But, for no reason I can discern, if I try to download Archers podcast or
even a file from my own SendSpace account, I enter on the link and, where I
would expect the dialogue advising about file security would open, nothing
happens, the link is marked visited and no further action takes place.

Please can anybody advise how this might have occurred, as until last
evening, I could download as and when I wished.  I have made no changes
apart from setting popup blocker off and, in effect, this problem with
downloading the Archers podcast had happened prior to my asking BBC
Tech.Support.

I can, otherwise, so far, access sites without problems.

Basically, I would like to know where to go and what to look for to change.

From Colin Howard near Southampton in Southern England.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]