Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:24:19 +0000

Hello All.

We went to Toronto and the Niagara Falls area. In Niagara on the Lake, not far north of the border, we were walking down the main street looking for something to eat. The Irish Tea Room sounded promising. Imagine my surprise when I asked about the rice-based quiche on the list - they pointed to the three items tagged "gluten-free" in the display case!

We had fish cakes, spinach quiche, and  shepherd's pie -- all hot, delicious, and gluten-free. There is a *theoretical* possibility of cross-contamination, because they do serve dishes that contain wheat, but they were very knowledgeable and careful and .. best of all ... I didn't get sick.

My personal screening method is: Check the ingredients, see if there is contamination during food preparation and service, and notice how I feel for the few days after. I heartily recommend this place! And the town is well worth a visit, too. (I got the address and info below from an online search.)

Irish Tea Room
75 Queen
Niagara On The Lake, ON L0S 1J0, Canada
(905) 468-4832