Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:44:33 +0000
I dont know as they are still selling any "slugs" and I would not spend money buying a cdrom drive.   DVD/CD drives are very inexpensive today and the dvds are much more economical for storing vids, music, or large amounts of files.   I just bought one from SONY and it came with two faces black and white.    My suggestion is to look at ads in Sunday paper and buy the one with the best rebate/price.    If you cant afford it and want something basic and cheap, probably someplace where you live selling used ones for 10 to 20 guaranteed to work.    I probably have $60 in my new Sony combo after rebates.   CompUSA and Bestbuy are good sources.  Officemax and Office Depot also sell those at great prices.   Watch for a sale, and buy the most for the money.   Good Luck

From: Ron Harris <[log in to unmask]>
> Im looking for a solid cd rom with burning capabilities to go into my new
> computer im building. It must have a black face to match the case. Im not so
> worried about it burning dvd's but if its not much more to get one that does
> dvd's also Im up for it. It also doesnt need to be lightning fast but I dont
> want a slug either. Any suggestions?

> Don't get soaked.  Take a quick peak at the forecast
>  with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com