Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:52:53 -0500
> Brenda Young wrote: ...you guys have been talking about
> the water fast lately.  I am curious about that.  How long do
> you do it, and for what reasons??  I have a bit of low blood
> sugar, which means I usually need to eat every couple of
> hours, which I haven't been doing lately to the detriment of
> my health. ...

> ... The only grains I really eat is when I'm having a sandwich or
> pizza, which isn't often.  I don't drink soda or eat cereal but maybe
> four times a year for a "treat".  No fruit juice to speak of, either.
> We mostly eat just meat and veggies.  With the occasional <ACK>
> McDonald's thrown in here and there when we're too busy at work to get
> something good.  (McD's is right across the alley, lol.)  Anyway,
> sounds like you may be right about the water fast...that I could
> handle it.  What are the reasons for doing the water fast???  There
> are many many days that I only eat one meal (I always drink a lot of
> water on a daily basis), which I thought was just terrible for my
> health.  No??? <

I used to get low blood sugar symptoms like tremendous hunger before lunch,
shaking hand or arm, deep tiredness, mental fog, etc. (this syndrome is
sometimes called hypoglycemia) before I eliminated grains and dairy from my
diet. The hypoglycemia went away after 3 1/2 weeks of almost no grains or
dairy. Why not try a strict Paleo diet (no grains, dairy or legumes--that
means no bread sandwiches, no pizza and no buns or cheese on your burgers)
for 3-4 weeks and see if your symptoms resolve?