From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:06:26 -0400
Marcel Singelenberg:
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > It is my question; I find it very hard and even impossible to eat
> that
> > amount of protein. Considering that i don`t eat any meat only fish,
> eggs
> > and nuts for the protein intake.

Robert Kesterson:
> Fish is meat...

And so are eggs--the yolks are chicken embryos. I just was talking about fish and eggs being meat in my last post, coincidentally.

The food industry often puts fish and eggs in separate categories, and thus not classed in with the "meats," so perhaps that is the usage that Marcel intended? When it comes to herbivore/vegetarian vs. omnivore discussions, however, fish and eggs are clearly meats (as are lizards, insects, worms, snails, etc.).