From:
Deborah Holladay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Holladay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:10:48 -0400

The Z Trim Web site states, “As produced and marketed today, Z Trim is an
insoluble fiber made from corn and oat. Future applications derived from other
cereals, legumes, and oilseeds, such as flax, can be brought to the global
market upon industry and/or consumer demand.”  (Click the link
for “Technology” to find this information.)

The Web site also states, “Z Trim is gluten-free.”  (Click the link for “Health
Benefits” for this quote.)

I am in the process of composing a message to send to the company to ask
how they determine that the product is gluten-free in light of the fact that it
may contain oats and to ask how they propose to label the product in the
future if it contains barley, wheat, or rye.  I will post their response when I
receive it.

Deborah Holladay
Alamo Celiac Membership Database