From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:24:14 -0400
I like to have the biggest radio I can squeeze in over here, I just like big
radios, always have even in my CB days, I went for the biggest good radios I
could find and fit. I agree, I actually heard some one A/B a IC 746 pro and
7000 and they sounded identical. I think the 756pro series all sound a
little different but not bad. I do think the TS-2000 sounds better but the
icoms are getting close.I've used an icom 756  the original and I thought
the receive audio sounded real muddy but I don't know what filtering was
turned on or anything, I didn't care for that audio but it was at an event
for 1 of the clubs, it wasn't my radio and I made enough changes to the
guy's radio with out changing that on him. We weren't making any contacts
that day so I made a few changes on that radio and straightened out that
situation real fast. I never got the receive audio like I wanted though.