From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:56:33 -0800
> Should I delete these?

  They might be taking up as much as a megabyte, in an errar when a megabyte
of flash RAM costs about 2 cents and hard drive space is somewhat cheaper.
I really wouldn't worry about them, unless you think they might contain
incriminating evidence.

> Is there any danger if I delete them?

  Probably not.  Most software that writes logs will either (a) use the
system logs, or (b) create a log file if there is something to write and the
file is missing.

> How can they be deleted en masse?

  The "Find" results window is an Explorer window, so you can use Ctrl-A to
select all of the files listed, and then delete them.
  That's likely to fail if you've included the OS/system folders in the
search, because your results probably include the three Windows NT/2K/XP
system log files, which are constantly in use by the OS.  These files are
not text files (as most other *.log files probably are), and are managed
through a utiltiy called "Event Manager".  The closes it will let you get to
deleting them is to discard everything to date and start anew....

David Gillett