From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:48:48 -0800
Hi Christy,

Did you get the thf-6a instructions in a format you can use
independently?  If not, check out:

http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

as there are docs there which give some really good instructions on
both the layout of controls and on how to use the thf-6a.

Definitely a nice little radio.

Don W6SMB

On 1/27/2007 at 8:37 PM Christy Schulte wrote:

>Well, my roommate and I decided to be super brave today, and went
to a
>hamfest totally on our own. It was quite the experience,
especially with
>the
>enormous crowds. I was hoping to just wander from booth to booth,
seeing
>what they had, but it was way too crowded for that. I did end up
finding a
>nice booth where I picked up a couple of HTs, and even a computer
cable I
>could use with them. they are kenwood th f6a radios, very very
nice from
>what I can tell, or at least will be once I figure out how to work
the
>things. the instructions seem pretty straight forward, my only
real problem
>is that sometimes the instructions and the actual results aren't
lining up.
>I even got an adapter that will allow me to plug one of them up to
my
>magmount if necessary. for now, it'll work if I need quick
emergency