From:
Christy Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:37:49 -0600
Well, my roommate and I decided to be super brave today, and went to a
hamfest totally on our own. It was quite the experience, especially with the
enormous crowds. I was hoping to just wander from booth to booth, seeing
what they had, but it was way too crowded for that. I did end up finding a
nice booth where I picked up a couple of HTs, and even a computer cable I
could use with them. they are kenwood th f6a radios, very very nice from
what I can tell, or at least will be once I figure out how to work the
things. the instructions seem pretty straight forward, my only real problem
is that sometimes the instructions and the actual results aren't lining up.
I even got an adapter that will allow me to plug one of them up to my
magmount if necessary. for now, it'll work if I need quick emergency access.
This thing will even receive HF, supposedly at least, we'll see once I
figure out how to scan with it. The second one will go to my roommate if she
manages to get her license next month when I go to test for my general. I'm
making her wait until she's licensed before I give it to her, she's not
happy with me, but it's great motivation! Hehe.

We did get a chance to meet a lot of really meat people, one particular
person even stayed with us for a good hour and a half, making sure we got
what we needed and found someone to help us get a cab home. So I'm a lot
more broke than I want to be, but have no plans for any new purchases any
time soon.

Christy, KI4GYH

--
It has removed 3821 spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.