From:
Christy Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:23:21 -0600
Well, the offset wasn't the problem. I checked it, and it's set to positive,
as it should be. So, either something's goofy or there's just none of those
repeaters near me, but that does seem odd considering there are eight 2m
repeaters I can at least key up, three of them I know I hit well even on
five watts.

I'm a bit hesitant to run the radio on 35 watts, mostly because even if the
antenna can handle it, I'm not sure about RF exposure. It's under the limit
for requiring measurements and the like, but I'm in the same room with this
antenna and I'd rather be safe than not, especially with cats around that
just looove to jump up on the filing cabinet I have it on. I know that on
ten watts, I can't key a one of them up at all though. It's hard to know if
I'm receiving or not as far as the repeaters since I don't know which ones
are really active, but I do receive some out of band stuff.