From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 05:23:38 -0500
trust me, if you have a family, the last thing you want is a cb, I hear
conversations like that on 2 meters a lot when I'm in tourist areas. If you
really want to go the CB route though, I'm not sure what you have for a
roof, if it's like my friend's metal, see if radio shack has 1 of those mag
mounts they had back when I was in to CB. Those were pretty good, I think I
gave mine to some one about 10 years ago. If you don't want to use it as a
hobby radio and just for directions and stuff, I wouldn't go too crazy. I
actually have a cheap setup, some one gave me, sitting in my cellar for just
such a thing but I've never used it. It was in the trunk of a car my brother
junked for some one, a small mag mount and I don't know what the radio is,
it's all sitting in a box. I never even looked to be honest, at the time I
was thinking about hooking up with a friend and moving to NC and was going
to set that, and a UHF/VHF mobile in a van and see what we could pile up in
a van but that didn't work out. Anyway, speaking of being on the road, I'm
headed out to CT today, a 3 hour ride, leaving about a half hour from now. I
don't know if we have anyone in CT, but I'll be on the major repeaters on my
way if I remember them all going and coming home. I'll probably be
monitoring at least. 2 meters only, I only have 2 meters in the mobile.