From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:03:57 -0800
Thanks for all of the very good advice.   I have spent the past hour reading
text files on the firestick sight and I have learned a lot--I think.  They,
of course , may prodigious some of their information to make their product
look the best but they sure are willing to share information at all levels
of knowledge and sophistications.    I always thought that the 102 inch
steal whip was the best way to go but they seem to advocate for a top
bumper but running cable clear to the back would require a special cable
with all of the matching problems I don't want to mess with.  Mounting it
higher on the body of the mobile home would be easy but I thought I would
get the best grown plane the closer to the ground I go and no, I'm not going
to go nuts with CB equipment but it's kind of fun trying to learn what if
anything is new since I last heard one 25 years ago.  I have my general,
KG6YAA  And a friend programmed 22 repeaters into my HT but it can scan like
what seems for hours without getting anything and I have never heard anyone
get road information.  I am at the base of a mountain that looks like a
porcupine because of all of the antenna towers on it.  Now that Jack is in
jail the repeaters aren't being jammed any more but they aren't being used
either.  I'll give a lot of thought to mounting an external 2 meter antenna
on the motor home too.  Thanks again for all of the advice.