From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:52:16 -0800
bob and all,
MFJ promises me that they will always make any of their products including
the 209, they may have to wait a bit for a few orders but it sounds like
they don't demand huge numbers.  Were that not the case i'd not have proceeded
with the article based on the need to find used gear.

but of course if one can find them used and cheap that's cool indeed.
BTW, Chuck W5usj also makes a very small audio amp
which i believe he has indicated he could build into the MCount for anybody
who wants it really loud.  You'd have to be pretty hard of hearing to need
that though, set to a resonant frequency it puts out a good beep.

his little amp is about 2 CM square and very thin, it's an LM386 look alike
but all surface mount with surface mount parts.

I think he wants about $10.00 for it incase you've got something
that doesn't put out enough audio.

tom
.