From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:33:21 -0700
its not the knowledge that puts them on the high horse, its the arrogance in
which they present themselves on the air and to others that is the problem.
They know they are more knowledgeable with regard to certain things and that
makes them think they are better, or some how deserve more privilege then
those who have less knowledge.
It was the way the nobles and peasants of old were classified and we all
know the problems and the eventual outcome of such systems.
Also, the idea that being able to send and receive CW at a certain rate
makes one somehow more knowledgeable and therefore allowed to have more
privilege based on that limited ability is absurd.
Yes, if you work hard you should be able to gain something over and above
those who do not work as hard, however, suggesting that things were so much
harder before and that now things are so much easier is again, absurd
thinking in my opinion.
Also, the whole attitude that this is my hobby, and i feel I worked hard to
get the opportunity to experience it, and that no one else should have that
opportunity because they supposedly didn't work as hard is really narrow
thinking.
73
Colin, CF6BKX