From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:20:48 -0500
I look around at a lot of the operators on VHF these days, not all, there
are some good ones, but on the heavily used repeaters in the area, and
better than half of them on HF? that leaves me shaking my head. I'm not
saying it's all of them, but a good portion. That's the same group that has
the mentality that they didn't need to upgrade for HF privileges because
they could use echolink which if I heard that one 1 more time, I was getting
very ready to sell out and let the morons have their way. I can say, I feel
the tests are a lot easier now than when I got started only 12 years ago. If
I only knew now, what I did then, I wouldn't even have to study to pass the
current tech test. Not ace it, but pass it comfortably. I help teach tech
class classes from time to time and it really seems a lot easier. Real basic
as apposed to actually learning a lot of stuff like when I got mine.