From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:28:34 -0500
The Pro-96 is easy enough to operate once you get it programmed via the
computer.  There are two operations that I have problems with, there's no
way to know which banks are on/off and I have not been able to figure out
how to manually jump to a talk-group.

The problem with knowing which banks are on/off has been a problem with
every scanner I've ever used.  It would be great to have a function to turn
on all the banks at once and then you could turn off the ones you don't
want.  Or maybe, let's say you want to listen to only bank 1, then by
pressing "1" for three seconds, while in scan mode, would turn off all the
other banks except bank 1.  There is a work around for the PRO-96 though by
using the virtual memory you can program one of the vm's with all the banks
off except for one.  Then when you want to start from a new reference point
just re-load the vm.

I have never figured out the problem of jumping directly to a talk-group.
Several people have told me how, but it doesn't work for me.  I think this
problem could be overcome if I ever find a experienced Pro-96 user who can
look over my shoulder while I go through the motions.

73, Ken -N5SWR