ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:35:08 -0500
John, thank you for your loving and understanding support.  I could
say a lot more, but have learned that many of those who agree that
drinking alcohol is pleasing to the Lord using the reasoning that
Jesus and His disciples did it, are those who enjoy using alcohol and
are on the defensive of their decision to do so.
There are many events recorded in the scriptures that are not there
for us to imitate.
In His Love,
Helen

Earlier John wrote:
>Kathy, I must agree with Helen on this one.  I know the bible
>doesn't teach directly against drinking, but it definitely teaches
>against drunkenness.  Where does one draw the line?  Myself, I
>abstain, completely.  I believe the leadership of the early church
>either drank very little or abstained because Paul told timothy to
>drink a little bit for his stomachs sake, or medicinal purposes.  We
>don't need alcohol for medicine, now.  And, I believe the alcohol
>content of alcoholic beverages was far less in beverages then, than
>what it is, now.  Plus, you have to realize that part of Helen's
>disagreement comes from suffering, big time, from alcohol abuse from
>those around her, for more years than she cares to think about.
>
>earlier, Helen Wolf, wrote:
>
>>I strongly disagree with that statement, Kathy.  The main thing
>>wrong with beer is the alcohol.  Proverbs 25:28  He that hath no
>>rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and
>>without walls.   Alcohol takes control over a man's spirit, so that
>>he does not rule over it..........but is totally open to Satan, the
>>enemy of his soul, as the city of ancient times with its walls
>>broken down was open to its enemies.
>>Helen
>>
>>Earlier Kathy wrote:
>>>Well, the main thing wrong with beer is the calories.  Kathy

"My Life is not in what He gives me, but in Who He is."