C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:47:59 -0400
I don't know why they do that unless some parents requested it.  Now, there
is always a way to hack into every program and add voices, but, that would
require some invesitigation.  I'm sure someone somewhere has done it
already.

Beth t the OT

Subject: software will not swear!

Golly, my dad gave me a laptop for my birthday, with naturally speaking
software female voice, Kate. There is just one problem; Kate refuses to say
most swear words! Why do they censor it? It should be up to the people to
decide. And it's inconsistent. It will say fucked, but not fucker, it says
shitty, but not ass..... a helper said somebody else's talking device also
won't say cuss words. i just can't believe it. Anthony, Beth, do you know
why they do it?   sure I could defeat it by spelling the words slightly
differently. But why on earth can't folks let us swear if we want to?
microsoft's Sam can do it, why can't Kate?!

Mag

~