From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:32:23 -0400
    Steve:

The office PC is on my University's network, and the home P
C and laptop are on our home network system. ... The fact that this happened
to the laptop on the home network indicates that the University network is
probably not the culprit.  But, we do use Norton systems software from the
University, so I think something might be turned on in there that could be
causing the problem.

As for desktop icons, I may be strange, but I don't use the desktop to get
to things, although my sighted wife does.  I get to the programs I need
through the start menu, and then set up my shortcut keys accordingly.

At any rate, you're giving me more to think about here, and I really do
appreciate it.

73 from Tom Behler: Kb8TYJ