From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:57:40 +0000
On Mar 10, 2007, at 1:05 am, Andrea Hughett wrote:

> Eggplant is an old world nightshade. It's not normally
> eaten raw, but I don't know if it could be. Anyone
> know what the solanin level is?

Can't find ANYTHING ranking eggplant with other nightshade fruits,
but I did find this potentially life-saving tip from the Canadian
Partnership for Consumer Food Safety Education <http://
www.canfightbac.org/cpcfse/en/cookwell/ask/left_out_fridge/#229>

Q: I cooked for a party and stored my food in the refridgerator. Over
night the temp went up to 60 degrees the containers were cool so now
I'm worried. what should i do? The food consisted of sausage and
peppers and eggplant parmesan.
A: I hope you didn't serve that food! Because it was stored above 4 C/
40 F for more than one hour, there was a good chance it would contain
enough harmful bacteria to cause food borne illness.

Keep your eggplants cold!