ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:41:55 -0400
A friend sent me this,  yes, I've been there too!
I had not really planned on taking a trip this time
> of year, and yet I found
> myself packing rather hurriedly. This trip was
> going to be unpleasant and I
> knew in advance that no real good would come of it.
> I'm talking about my
> annual "Guilt Trip."
> I got tickets to fly there on Wish I Had airlines.
> It was an extremely short
> flight. I got my baggage, which I could not check.
> I chose to carry it
> myself all the way. It was weighted down with a
> thousand memories of what
> might have been. No one greeted me as I entered the
> terminal to the Regret
> City International Airport. I say international
> because people from all over
> the world come to this dismal town.
> As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed
> that they would be
> hosting the year's most important event, the Annual
> Pity Party. I wasn't
> going to miss that great social occasion. Many of
> the towns leading citizens
> would be there.
> First, there would be the Done family, you know,
> Should Have, Would Have and
> Could Have. Then came the I Had family. You
> probably know ol' Wish and his
> clan. Of course, the Opportunities would be
> present, Missed and Lost. The
> biggest family would be the Yesterdays. There are
> far too many of them to
> count, but each one would have a very sad story to
> share.
> Then Shattered Dreams would surely make and
> appearance. And It's Their Fault
> would regale us with stories (excuses) about how
> things had failed in his
> life, and each story would be loudly applauded by
> Don't Blame Me and I
> Couldn't Help It.
> Well, to make a long story short, I went to this
> depressing party knowing
> that there would be no real benefit in doing so.
> And, as usual, I became
> very depressed. But as I thought about all of the
> stories of failures
> brought back from the past, it occurred to me that
> all of this trip and
> subsequent "pity party" could be canceled by ME! I
> started to truly realize
> that I did not have to be there. I didn't have to be
> depressed. One thing
> kept going through my mind, I CAN'T CHANGE
> YESTERDAY, BUT I DO HAVE THE
> POWER TO MAKE TODAY A WONDERFUL DAY. I can be happy,
> joyous, fulfilled,
> encouraged, as well as encouraging. Knowing this, I
> left the City of Regret
> immediately and left no forwarding address. Am I
> sorry for mistakes I've
> made in the past? YES! But there is no physical way
> to undo them.
> So, if you're planning a trip back to the City of
> Regret, please cancel all
> your reservations now. Instead, take a trip to a
> place called, Starting
> Again. I liked it so much that I have now taken up
> [...]
Cindy
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic
(1)
Reply (via web post) |
Start a new topic
Messages |
Files |
Photos |
Database |
Calendar
To visit this group, click on:
Yahoo! Groups

You are receiving Individual Emails
Change Delivery Settings

Visit Your Group |
Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use |
Unsubscribe
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved
message search.

outbind://23-000000000F9843318BBE52439A341A1210E5BF5C04324900/

Share feedback on the new changes to Groups

Recent Activity
list of 1 items
1
New Members