ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:23:58 -0400
I went to a church where the pastor would write checks knowing there wasn't
money in the bank to cover them and then ask church members to tithe so that
the checks wouldn't bounce! I often wondered why I couldn't do the same...if
he was a leader, was he setting an example that all the members should act
in that same way?
So there are examples of people giving in the New Testament but I don't see
10% listed as a hard rule.I'd say that church did an awful lot with only 12
percent!
Rhonda