Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 00:27:54 -0500
I also have a problem like this. I have an old Dx100. I use a rotary data
switch to my Sportster 28-33 external modem. I can connect from my mac or
my Pentium Pro, using the switch to the same modem and the same ISP, but
not from this dx100. On the dx100 the modem dials out fine, downloads
mail form JUNO with no problem; but when I access my ISP from this
machine I get a connection, but as soon as I try do download EMail or
read a web page the browser stops functioning (Netscape 3 or 4.04). The
connection is dropped and frozen.
I have reinstalled Win95 in a new directory and reinstalled all hardware
and software to no avail (though it sure did speed up my system).
everything else works fine on this machine.

DX4 100 w/ 32 megs, 1.o gig wd drive colorado internal Jumbo tape drive,
Intel etherxpress pro 10, adaptec 1522b scsi card, herculese graphite
video card, targa classic video frame buffer card (DOS only - uses adress
D000:DFFF)

any ideas before I start pulling the guts out.
Thanks
Joel Bluming

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 18:07:15 -0500 "A. Alpert" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Hi all.  A customer of mine recently had me work on her computer -- a

>My customer had tried 3 ISPs (AOL, IBM, and Erols) and had the same
>problem with all of them: her computer would connect, but she would be
>unable to receive anything via her browser or e-mail client.  She
>would
>get 'domain name' errors, or a frozen system.  Previously she had an
>old
>version of AOL running under WIN95 and it was fine, but AOL emailed
>her
>that she had to update her software.  Once she did, she was never able
>again to connect.
>
>After hours of tech support from all 3 of these ISPs, my customer was
>told she had a 'hardware problem' so she asked me to put in a new
>modem.  I told her I didn't think this would help, and I was right --

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]