From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:42:35 -0800
I am interested in any references any of you have
regarding the calcium in meat.  Muscular contraction
requires calcium that is stored in the muscle fibers
(sarcoplasm reticulum organelle).  How significant is
the amount of calcium in muscle meats.  I am aware
that nutrition tables show meats to not supply any
calcium.  I seem to remember reading that during the
year that Steffanson did his all meat diet under
testing conditions that he did not have negative
calcium balance.  Therefore, it leaves me to wonder if
meat has some available calcium.

Mike