VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:26:25 -0400
Hello Deborah and other Google toolbar fans:

The short answer is:

To get rid of your annoyance the google toolbar must go.

This was a so-called improvement of the toolbar that updated itself a few
months back. I don't think you can get rid of this one feature and keep the
rest.

Here is another nice feature Google put into their toolbar:

Auto Update
There's no need to check for new versions of Google Toolbar; updates are
installed automatically, so you'll always have the latest and greatest
version.

I have read several pages on the auto fill feature and so far haven't found
any discussion on how to turn this feature off. MY thinking was to get you
to download an earlier version of the toolbar without this convenient auto
fill feature. However the auto update feature would kick in and give you the
latest update. Now isn't that nice.  They are up to version 6 now being beta
tested.

The best about the toolbar for me is the search feature and the pop up
blocker witch I find very effective.  I am afraid that your choice is do
without the other features of the toolbar or live with the annoyance of
hearing the google toolbar can fill this in for you. You are listening with
two ears and then someone wants the other ear to talk to you.

To delete the toolbar from your system

Window's key to bring up the start menu

Letter s for settings

Right arrow over and c to select control panel

Arrow around to find add or delete programs

An alphabetical listing of your programs will come up on screen

Arrow down to find the Google toolbar and choose add or remove program.

Isn't it odd that in trying to put in accessibility they have also built in
anoincience?